Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Devot. Loaded with Blessing

Dear Friends,
I pray you had a blessed start to the New Year!  As the devot's title implies, I think the New Year is a time to reflect on all that God has blessed us with in the previous year.
 
I was thinking of 2 things as I was preparing to look at this devot.:  #1.  If we took the time to think of or write down all our blessings, we could see that they would far outweigh any hardships or trials we had to endure.   
 
For myself, I've purposely chosen to think of the difficulties  as ways of helping me grow stronger in my faith, walk with the Lord and even see Him beside me in the midst of it. 
 I always tell me mom that the bad times can either make me stronger  or weaker in my faith, and the last one's not an option!!!
#2.  My mom said the other day, and I've heard others say it as well, if we could just look for God-His provision, blessing, Him being there/involved-in every day life, we would see Him.  
 
 I have personally seen this, in my life, and even so just today.  It doesn't have to be 'miracles', it could be being blessing in a 'small' way(parking spot close by) that is a God given blessing if we would just look.
The song Count Your Many Blessings that I have sent our before strongly implies this. If we would count our blessings, we would be surprised at what God has done!
 
As one New Year Resolution, I pray you would think of counting your blessings at the end of every day or looking to see God's involvement/blessing in your every day life. 
 
Lord bless and keep you and yours this week!  Devot. below.


       

 
 December 31, 2015
Loaded with Blessing
“Blessed be the LORD, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.” (Psalm 68:19)
 
As we come to this year’s end, it is salutary for the believer to think back over the days of the year and to meditate upon his blessings. He may, indeed, have experienced defeats and losses, disappointments and injuries in great number. If he is honest with himself, however, the Christian will always have to acknowledge that his blessings far outweigh his burdens. God “loadeth us with benefits,” and is even working in and through all the trials and hurtful things together for our good (Romans 8:28).
 
In our text verse, the words “with benefits” have been supplied by the translators. Some might, therefore, conclude that the verse could mean that God is daily loading us with burdens, instead of benefits. The context, however, assures us that the emphasis is really on His blessings. For that matter, even a burden can become a blessing, if we take it as a gift from God for our spiritual benefit.
 
Therefore: “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits” (Psalm 103:2). “In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you” (1 Thessalonians 5:18). “Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice” (Philippians 4:4).
 
He has given us “life, and breath, and all things” (Acts 17:25). Far more importantly, He is “the God of our salvation.” Whatever else we have, or don’t have, in this life, we have the great gift of eternal life, through faith in Christ and His finished work of redemption. We have it every day of the year and are daily ready to meet the Lord, whenever He calls. Each day we have the indwelling presence of His Spirit, the illuminating guidance of His Word, the daily provision of all real needs, and the assurance of His love. He has surely loaded us with benefits! HMM
 
 
Institute for Creation Research - 1806 Royal Lane, Dallas TX 75229

No comments:

Post a Comment