Thursday, July 16, 2015

Devot. Liberty and the Word of God

Dear Friends,
I hope you have had a blessed week!  Since it is still July, I am going to share an "Independence Day" devotional. 
 
While it describes the liberty that the US is known for, and thankfully we still have up to this point, it points out the liberty that God's Word has given us.  The food for thought on my church's bulletin on Sunday was a quote by George Washington.  He said, "It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible."
Very poignant and very true-then and now.  

 I would like you to do something for yourself that I think would be good. My pastor showed us a 7 1/2 minute video clip on the history of the Star Spangled Banner.  It is produced by a organization  that promotes our nations history and also preserving it's Christian roots. 

I was spellbound by the narration, drama and it spoke deeply to my heart.   I am including the clip that I watched and would highly encourage you to watch  this week.

FYI: Did you know that the first verse of the Star Spangled Banner was written as a poem and the 4th verse was intended as a prayer? We get our motto "In God We Trust" from that verse.
 
I pray that the devot. and video clip are a blessing from the Lord to your weekend.  May the Lord watch over you and yours.  Clip/devot. below


Devot. http://www.icr.org/article/liberty-word-god  (Used by permission.  Taken from http://www.icr.org/)

No comments:

Post a Comment