Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Devot. Treasure of the Heart

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a super weekend!  It is hard to believe that Christmas will be here and gone by the end of this week.
But as I have been telling my students, we have something of value and substance that we can carry and celebrate in our hearts all year long-Jesus Christ, who is our Hope of Heaven and the Gift of eternal life, life in Heaven with Him.
 
This is a gift that is free to all who wish to receive Jesus as Lord and Saviour of their lives(Ephesians 2:8-9) and it is a gift that never goes out of style, fades or can be stolen (John 5:11-15).  It is yours for keeps!
 
This devot. perfectly describes what I wish to explain when I think of my ticket for Heaven being paid for in Christ's blood and the day I received Jesus and His ticket to Heaven (I accepted that His death and resurrection paid my sin debt).
I pray that all of you make the True Reason for the season ring in your hearts and homes this Thursday.  It's the only thing that will last past the gifts.   From my family to yours, Merry Christmas!
Devot. http://www.icr.org/article/treasure-heart   (Used by permission.  Taken from http://www.icr.org/)

No comments:

Post a Comment